RSS Feed
Is 80% of Success Just Showing Up?
February 6th, 2018
by Bill Boyajian

Woody Allen made his “80% of Success is Showing Up” line famous, but is that enough?  For sure, you have to show up, but it’s what you do with the other 20% that really matters.

Too often, people just don’t show up.  But even when they do, it’s more about going through the motions than it is making a real contribution to the job, the team, the home, the committee, or any other organized entity they’re a part of.

The extra 20% is about attitude, dedication, innovation, and other aspects that set you apart.  It’s the emotional intelligence, responsibility, and creativity you bring that makes much more of a difference than just showing up.

So the next time you find yourself in the doldrums – just going through the motions with little if any energy or vitality – ask yourself if just showing up is enough for you.  If it isn’t, do something about it.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

"Bill Boyajian is a leader people follow, with a proven track record of success. He will provide solutions to your biggest challenges and deliver terrific results."

–Howard Herzog
International Jewelers Block Insurance

"A sought after role model, Bill reminds us that how we lead our business has everything to do with how we live a fulfilling life."

– Pam Levine,
Levine Design Group